Michael P. Schmiege
Chicago Police Misconduct Attorney Fighting Against Civil Rights Violations in Chicago
Mr. Schmiege is a knowledgeable and experienced trial litigator who is dedicated to fighting for his clients’ rights. Standing up for the rights of individuals and protecting their constitutional rights is his ultimate goal in every case he takes and he is utterly devoted to giving you the best chance at a positive outcome.
Mr. Schmiege is known for taking cases that no one else will take and winning the “unwinnable” cases against all odds.
- Villanova University, B.A., 1999
- John Marshall Law School, 2005
Licensed to Practice
- State of Illinois
- Northern District of Illinois – Federal Court
- Southern District of Texas – Federal Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys since 2006
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Named as a Rising Star in the area of criminal defense by Super Lawyers in conjunction with Chicago Magazine. This honor is based on peer review and is bestowed upon a mere 2.5% of the lawyers in Illinois
- Attends numerous conferences to keep on top of recent develops in the area of criminal Defense and civil rights
- Illinois Continuing Legal Education – Defending Drug Cases in Illinois, Chicago Illinois 2007
- Chicago-Kent College of Law 27th annual Section 1983 Civil Rights Litigation Conference, Chicago, IL 2010
- The United States Sentencing Commission presents the Annual National Seminar on the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, New Orleans, LA 2010
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer’s, 2010 Spring Meeting & Seminar, Rock and Roll Defenses: Singing the Tune of Victory in Street Crime Cases, Memphis TN 2010
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer’s, Warriors for the Defense: Trial Techniques from the Masters – New York, NY 2008
At John Marshall Law School:
- Clerked for the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office in the Felony Trial Division
Member of the Trial Advocacy Team
- Clerked for Mora, Baugh, Waitzman & Unger, a firm handling NASD broker-dealer complaints and disputes
- Attorney at Kane & Fischer, handled securities litigation and NASD broker-dealer complaints and disputes
- Attorney at Acosta, Batovski & Schmiege
Contact a Chicago Civil Rights Attorney at once if you have been a victim of Chicago police misconduct or police abuse. Call 312-218-8050 for a free consultation.
Michael P. Schmiege litigates cases involving police misconduct throughout Illinois including the cities and Counties of Chicago, Cook County, DuPage, Will, and Lake as well as cities and counties all throughout Illinois.
Often times a chicago civil rights violation / police misconduct case will result from an arrest. If you have been arrested it is important that you contact an experienced Chicago Criminal Defense Lawyer at once. Contact Chicago Criminal Defense Attorney Michael P. Schmiege for a free consultation on your criminal case or police misconduct case.